Vaccination Proof for Indoor Activities (Key to NYC)
As of August 17, people 12 and older are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID
-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO for:
- Indoor fitness
- Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, indoor studios, and dance studios
This new requirement — called the Key to NYC — also means staff at these locations must be vaccinated.
: People who have proof they received an active COVID
-19 vaccine during a U.S.-based clinical trial will also be permitted at the above activities.
The highly contagious delta variant is spreading quickly in NYC, and unvaccinated people are at the most risk for infection, hospitalization and death.
Proof of Vaccination
For proof of vaccination, you can use:
- CDC Vaccination Card. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC Vaccination Record or another official immunization record from within or outside the U.S., including from your health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable. If you are unable to get this record, call 311.
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID.
- Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your NYC vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above.