18 Jun CompleteBody Spotlight: John Gabucci
John Gabucci is somewhat of a legend within the bodybuilding community. From his own personal journey as a competitor in national bodybuilding physique competitions – Gabucci came in third place in the 2018 NPC (National Physique Committee) Atlantic States Championships for Open HeavyWeights – to his inspirational website Ultraphysiques.com where readers can find science-backed information about the most effective nutrition and training for a fit body, Gabucci inspires many to walk in his footsteps and be the best version of themselves that they can possibly be.
Originating from Brooklyn, John is a born and bred New Yorker who has cultivated a bit of a following in his home city. He has coached many clients to success which has earned him a solid reputation within the training industry. He shares his success stories, along with those of his clients, with his 31.5K followers on Instagram to inspire people with the hashtag #thisiswhatwedo.
John has graciously decided to share his wisdom, built from years of trial and error and subsequent success, with the CompleteBody community. What follows are the eight life rules that he attributes his success to. He encourages all of his clients to live by this same set of rules for optimal performance at the gym and beyond.
1. Face your fears head on, do not run from them. Otherwise they will continue to persist in your life experience.
2. Stay committed. When you make a commitment to yourself, you’re signing a personal agreement that states “No matter how hard this gets, no matter what adversity I face, and no matter how much time I have invested, I will continue to move forward to the best of my ability until i have achieve the desired outcome.”
3.Compete against yourself and don’t worry about what anyone else is doing. Each time you improve upon the last version of yourself the bar is raised higher and you level up. Before you know it you will have surpassed even your own expectations and reached pinnacles you once thought were impossible.
4. Achieving greatness can be a lonely road. Not everyone will be accepting of what you want for yourself. This includes your family and closest of friends. As you evolve and grow you may find the circumstances and people who were once a part of your journey no longer serve you in a positive way. Accept this hard truth; it’s quality not quantity that matters most.
5. Embrace pain. Being able to embrace pain and accept the fact that it is necessary is the most powerful tool you can acquire against the fight of mediocrity.
7. Happiness is not automatic, it requires work. If you’re not moving forward, you automatically move backwards.
8. Don’t waste your time. Everything you do needs to be done at 110%. There is no greater sin than to take twice the amount of time half-stepping your way, failing to achieve something you never really wanted in the first place. That time could have been used doing something else had you went all out from the beginning and came to that conclusion sooner.
9. Achieving the end result gives us joy, but the fulfillment comes from going through the grind. Looking back and reflecting on the ups and the downs, highs and lows, and knowing you achieved something others couldn’t or gave up on a long time ago is what separates those who are great from those who are average.
10. Motivation fades while your reasons keep you going. Have strong reasons, they are the endless energy source that will keep you going.
11. One of the fastest ways to learn anything is to have a mentor, someone who is an expert. They provide the shortest path to success, because they’ve already experienced challenges and learned from mistakes.
12. Never let the opinions of others define your reality, and watch what you say about yourself. Your words are powerful and will define your life experience.
For a daily dose of inspiration, follow John Gabucci on Instagram (@johngabucci) or visit his personal website (coming soon) at www.johngabucci.com
Are you ready to transform your body and fight to be the best version of yourself possible, like John? Join the CompleteBody family today and schedule a free consultation with one of our coaches.